
After reviewing my personal assessment, I am a little discouraged because my scores did not change. I am overall 7 to 8's in each area, with 8 being my better days of course. Once I got past my discouragement, I concentrated my efforts on the question why? I have a few answers ....first I think I am hard on myself. 2nd...I really want to take the time needed here to advance my score even 1 point. I am conscious of the reality it takes to improve in each of these areas, let alone just one. 3rd...I believe I rated myself on the long term scale. I want to get to levels 8, 9, & 10 but then I want to stay there! These are my long term goals and ones I feel I can attain! :)
I have set up goals in each aspect of my wellness, and I have made baby steps in each of them. My progress has to start in my mind first. I have to mentally strengthen my "plan" in my head so I can begin the process. I gave myself to the end of this course to start and not turn back. I am already plugged into a "2 a week" exercise routine, which will be to 3 by next week. I want to work up to at least 4 times a week with some exercise routine. My journals are helping me out to stay accountable. I like and need the accountability, even if it is just in the journal form. My spiritual arena has expanded. I am reading more, praying, more and meditating more. I am incorporating a lot of my mind and spirit exercises together. These 2 really work together for me. I found myself practicing the exercise of "quieting my chatter" to praying that God would quiet my chatter! He helps me so much....more than words can say!
I have set up goals in each aspect of my wellness, and I have made baby steps in each of them. My progress has to start in my mind first. I have to mentally strengthen my "plan" in my head so I can begin the process. I gave myself to the end of this course to start and not turn back. I am already plugged into a "2 a week" exercise routine, which will be to 3 by next week. I want to work up to at least 4 times a week with some exercise routine. My journals are helping me out to stay accountable. I like and need the accountability, even if it is just in the journal form. My spiritual arena has expanded. I am reading more, praying, more and meditating more. I am incorporating a lot of my mind and spirit exercises together. These 2 really work together for me. I found myself practicing the exercise of "quieting my chatter" to praying that God would quiet my chatter! He helps me so much....more than words can say!
Chrisanne,
ReplyDeleteMy scores didn't really change that drastically either. But it is because I think change takes awhile, and well this is a short class term. If you believe that you can achieve your goals then you will. Look at the work that you have done with your exercise routine! Way to go. It sounds like you are on the path to success and wellness. Prayer really does work, even if it doesn't turn out the way that you are expecting it to! I wish you the best in your life and your continued health and wellness.
Chrisanne,
ReplyDeleteFirst off, I loved the two quotes you put on Jennifer's page. They were spot on!
Second, I know how you feel. My scores are also mediocre in my mind. I want my scores to be better and more consistent too. I'm hard on myself also. But, it's tough doing everything we want to do in one day. I definitely need to have more of a routine. I always try to cram everything into one day. But I guess I'll have to divvy up my responsibilities.
Your insight and ideas in this course have always been a joy to read! I wish you the best in your efforts to improve your life!!