Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Life Evaluation......hmmmm.......

Hmmm......on a scale of 1-10 rate my physical well-being.....I would say I am at a healthy 7. I have no aches or pains but I would like to lose 15 lbs overnight! I do not exercise as regularly as I should or even want. I am so active with my family and friends that I feel like I am always moving just not in an "aerobic way" which is healthier for my heart. My spiritual well-being (and to me the most important of all) is good....I would give myself an 8+ only because there is always room for improvement. I am very confident with my spiritual relationship with my Lord Jesus Christ. I have had numerous "life-altering" experiences that beyond any doubt is affirmation that HE is real and all I need. It's a good place to be :) Now as for my psychological well-being......well that is debatable by all who know me! haha! I think again....maybe a 7. I like to think, think, & over think life and decisions. I do tend to worry ....so a motto that has helped me through this is......if I'm gonna worry, don't pray, but if I'm gonna pray.....then DON'T WORRY!! I like that :) I think overall I need to improve in all these areas. For me, the key is time! If I make these areas of my life a "real priority" than my overall well-being can only hit the highs and leave the lows behind!

To touch briefly on the "Crime of the Century" exercise....it was good. I actually felt myself breathing more comfortably. I have a keen sense and awareness of my heart beats....when I attempt these breathing exercises I can hear and feel each beat and it makes me nervous sometimes, but today was different. I was more at peace and calm. I was able to sit through the entire exercise and actually feel the positive results. Yay!

Continuing to learn....
Chrisanne

7 comments:

  1. Chrisanne,

    I enjoyed your entry. I want to be able to say my numbers are as high. I too know Jesus, but I do not practice what I preach. My husband tells me I am letting the devil run my life. I tend to worry alot as well and wish I could stop. I am glad for you and wish I had that spiritual confidence, because I KNOW it is where I need to be. I also have problems with the relaxation exercises. I can never seem to fully relax. That is frustrating in itself. I guess I am pretty messed up right now, and your entry gives me hope. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chrisanne, During your meditation practice were you able to visualize the colors? How did this make you feel?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrisanne,
    Thanks for your nice post. My numbers aren't too bad- but I hold on to too much stress! But I am working on it! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chrisanne,
    Thanks for sharing. I did the exercise in the mountains over the weekend when it was so peace and quiet. The baby was sound asleep, the children were out fishing with their dad so we had the space all to ourselves. It was actually more relaxing for me and I totally forgot that I was exercising and I fell asleep along with the baby. Til we were waken by the family..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chrisanne, I love your post. I too stay busy and moving with my son and husband. I know I need more than but my issue is finding something enjoyable. I love that saying about worrying. I first heard that from Maya Angelou (I think). Worrying doesn't allow God to move and work. Its like putting road blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Chrisanne, fabulous post and great affirmation for me to read today! I am so worried about money right now that it is hard to focus on anything else (I recently lost my only source of income). I continue to pray and I know that God will provide us with what we need, but I struggle with finding a job and waiting for HIS time. Taking the time to relax, rejuvenate and continue to pray and follow God, will help to eliminate some stress...but herein liesthe problem...taking the time to do it! Continuing to practice...Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Losing weight overnight would be a dream come true! I to enjoyed the relaxation exercise. It's important to know who "you" are. Knowing the strenght of prayer and finding the peace of God within can only send you forward. The one concern I have at this time is my leg. It seems like I've pulled a muscle one day, then the next muscle spasms. Hate going to the doctor but it almost seems like I don't have a choice. Stay as strong as you are now and it can only get better!

    ReplyDelete