Search This Blog

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Comparing the Loving-Kindness to the Subtle Mind

As I compare the Loving Kindness exercise to the Subtle Mind exercise, I see similarities and differences. I liked visualizing someone I love that is genuine and pleasant but I did not like thinking or focusing on the unpleasant or disturbing people or things in my life. I think because I am trying so hard to replace negative thoughts with positive ones, so this exercise contradicted my pattern of thinking. I liked the subtle mind or witnessing exercise because it was more simple. I am going to practice this one again and again. I like the idea of keeping a journal of my thoughts after every exercise. I am going to really try to incorporate this into my daily life :)

3 comments:

  1. Hey Chrisanne- hahaha-I found the subtle mind a little more difficult. I couldn't sit Still. I'm gonna have to work on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bridge,
    I am so glad you liked the subtle mind exercise it drove me crazy but the loving kindness was an excellent one I did, especially where I had to think a love one. That was quite interesting made me realized how much I do really love my boyfriend and my children altogether. I had fun with that one and I even had my boyfriend do that exercise and he fell asleep duh!!! lol He liked though. I love that exercises and the beach wave sounds and the flute made it sound like my grandparents were there with me when I did the first time round. The second was all about David...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought both of these exercises were difficult! I get too easily distracted! But I definitely agree that it was conterproductive to focus on the unpleasant and disturbing things in our lives and the sufferings of others. I too am trying very hard to replace negative thought with positive ones, so to purposefully think negative thoughts seems like it was defeating the whole purpose!

    ReplyDelete