Search This Blog
Thursday, August 5, 2010
The Subtle Mind......hmmmm........
As I participated in the "Subtle Mind" exercise, I immediately fight the breathing technique, but this time was different. After reading page 75 of Dacher's book, I found that I can focus on the rising and falling of my chest instead of the actual in and out breaths. I found this to be a better approach for me. I started with my hands on my chest so I could actually feel the rising and falling, and slowly my hands got very heavy and I needed to put them at my side. I felt this to be a really calm feeling and a peaceful place. As the exercise went on and on and on I began to loose interest for some reason. Maybe it was too long a period for me to maintain a peaceful state! haha. Either way, I did benefit from the "subtle mind" exercise. I like the reassurance that we may not get to that quiet place every time we practice but it is attainable. Life is that way too. When we strive for a goal in mind and we don't quite make it, it is never to late to try again! Keep pushing forward ..... our goals are all attainable!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Chrisanne,
ReplyDeleteI experienced the same being in a calm and peacheful place. It was a wonderful experience for me because I really felt mental clarity, a freedom that I have never felt before. My CD was all scratched and blotted out but I read the article and played one of my relaxation CD which gave a calming effect with the oceaan in the background and made me experience a deeper consciousness. This was very calming so I will try to practice at least a couple times a week. Very nice input.