Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I didn't meet Asciepius!


Well....this was not my favorite exercise. First of all, I was in a bad mood when I started the meditation due to the fact that I spent an hour and a half on my discussion board post only to lose all my work when I tried to post it. The session timed out on me and I forgot to copy my post!! I was very bummed...to say the least. So instead of trying to re-do my post, I decided to try the meditation exercise and see if I could get in a better mind set. I started out ok...not great... then it got better when the person I picked to visualize was Jesus. Jesus was human and did walk this earth and He is by far the wisest man I will ever know. Well, everything was going well until the lady told me to become the person I was visualizing. I couldn't make that happen and I never will be able to make that happen. I didn't do exactly what the lady told me to do, instead I surrendered to Jesus and gave Him my burdens. When we surrender, our paths can only lead to a happy heart.

The second part of the blogging requirement wants me to reflect on developing my health psychologically, physically, and spiritually so that I can help others. I do believe in order to help others in these areas I should be equally if not more advanced than others but for now I will concentrate on developing these aspects of my life for me and what works for me. The meditation exercise did not help me meet "Asciepius" but did help me to connect even deeper with my spiritual side and that was well worth it! Follow the paths that lead you to your happy healthy heart!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I too had difficulty with this exercise since I was also not in the right mind frame. Of course I would want to be seen by someone whose psychological, physical and spiritual life is well developed. I like how you made the practice work for you, and made it your own. I was too upset to do that and I will give a another try tonight to see if things are better. Great Post.

    Jen Wheeler

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chrisanne,

    I know this is all upsetting losing your DQ posting. I have experienced that before. However, I think when doing the meditation and visualizing Jesus and laying all your burdens at his feet was the right thing to do. This will take a weight off and you will be overcomed by a new feeling of comfort and connection of the body, mind and spirit.

    These meditations are really great in making a connection with God and just silencing ourselves for a few minutes. It gives greater awareness and allows us to say a prayer and be appreciative for the small things and life. Great Post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrisanne, first I love your pictures, they set a very peaceful mood. Second I wanted to say a couple things about your comments. I think that it is difficult too to try the exercises in the wrong frame of mind. If I know that if I am going to try something and I am not into it I either have to wait or try a different approach. What I do is take my favorite exercise, for me it is a form of the loving kindness and start there, because I know that will change my mood and open my heart; then I do the new exercise. Maybe that would work for you.

    A great many people surrender to their higher power and this can be one of the most liberating and constructive things we can do to help ourselves. I would have to disagree on one point only and it is really not a disagreement but an acknowledgment of who you are and the power that we all have innately as spiritual beings. God is within all of us, it is our responsibility to know that god exists in all of us and to think that means we are equal to god is not necessarily the point, but to know as I think the Bible said And God made man in his image, in the image of God he made him: male and female he made them Genesis 1:27. Just some thoughts, because I think when we are able to recognize our higher power in ourselves and others we can reach our highest potential. Great post! You made me think about many things and surely appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chrissane, I loved your blog this week. I loved that during the meditation you just let go. These medtations are guided, and I take that to mean that they are just a giude, not carved in stone. There are time when I cannot follow the vision, so I have to adjust and make it mine. This is important to experience so that can be explained to clients and patients.

    ReplyDelete