
This is easy for me.....my favorite exercise was the this last one we did....the visualization exercise found on p.145, 146 of Dacher's Integral Health Book. I found most of the exercises we tried, helpful, but this one penetrated my heart and soul. I visualized the birth of my babies. Each- one by one- and was able to restore the exact smells of my newborn babies and their overwhelming warmth. This exercise brought tears to my eyes and a breath of fresh air to my lungs. I have actually been visualizing these special times at least once daily and am given a new burst of energy each time. I have also visualized dream that I had years back about the arms of God hugging me and making me feel so safe in a very uncertain time in my life. I can still feel His majestic embrace when I close my eyes and meditate on that remarkable dream. So, whether it is a dream or real life, find something that reminds you of the most amazing feeling or smell that you can remember and meditate on it. You are guaranteed a peaceful smile upon your face and in your heart!!
Hi Chrisanne! So true it is that the smell of a newborne baby can bring us back to reality and treasure the awesome gift of life. It is wonderful that the births of your children were positive experiences and that you were able to recall them with such detail and happiness.
ReplyDeleteYour dream about God hugging you is awesome! I have not really had that feeling myself, but did have a similar experience where I was surrounding by angels. I was in a time of despair and was giving up on the one thing I wanted most. I awoke from my sleep (or at least felt I did) and saw a room full of white apparitions. I was immediately filled with peace and total comfort. I awoke the next morning knowing everything was going to be fine. Later that month, my dream had come true and God granted me my wish. It reminded me of a Bible quote, "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4
Chrisanne-
ReplyDeleteI love that you mention your children. I also put in my post that I love the time right before I lay my son down for bed. I hold him in the dark of his room and listen to his instrumental CD of lullabies and I just hold him, smell him, and love him. That time is just for me and him, and it's great. I've never felt such an immense love for someone before I had him.
Chrisanne,
ReplyDeleteAs usual, your post is awesome. I love the smell of a newborn baby. Though now, it gives me mixed feelings when I smell it. I loved being pregnant and having the baby. Every one told me I would spoil them because I held them for the first three months of their lives. (I had to take turns with my husband). My youngest is now 5 and only snuggles when he is tired or watching television. (At least I get that). I do not believe you can spoil them. The births of my children are times I will never forget. When I held them for the first time, nothing else mattered.
Thank you for another great post.Your words are always encouraging to me. I have not had a angel experience or of God holding me. I could really use something like that right now.
Wonderful Chrisanne! The visualization exercise brought back such great happiness I experienced the day my son was born as well. It was certainly a moving exercise! That is such a great idea to use your visuals (your children) everyday, it can truly help with positivity and I don't know about you but I will recommend this in my future profession in nutrition.
ReplyDeleteI love your picture you posted! It goes great with the "visual" of remembering how I would use to smell my son's hair... I miss that!
Chrisanne,
ReplyDeleteI am speechless. Your post is amazing. I didn't get to do the visualization exercise, but I see now I am going to have to do that one. However, years ago when I was going through an emotional rollercoaster due to fertility issues, I would find myself crying constantly and visualize God holding me and whispering to me that it was going to be okay. That is how I was able to get through that rough time. I need to go back to that. I am now thinking this exercise is going to be a great help to me. Thank you so much.
Happy Heart
Tiffanie